Friday, March 9, 2012

Will this pc be able to run Arkham City on high settings?

Im looking at buying a relatively cheap PC for school work and casual gaming (none of that ultra tri monitor hardcore 500fps stuff) I just want to be able to run arkham city nicely

The pc is Dell XPS8300 Desktop with

i5 2320

8 GB Ram

AMD Radeon HD 6770



Thanks in advanceWill this pc be able to run Arkham City on high settings?
Theoretically yes, depending on how well the game is optimized for PC.



However, I personally think 8GB of RAM is overkill, in fact 4GB seems to be plenty for most games. So I'd suggest going with the "standard" XPS 8300 with the 6770 for $779 and saving yourself another $40.



Although, I'm partial to the Nvidia cards after buying a Radeon 6870 as my most recent video card though. AMD's video cards perform well for the money and run cooler/consume less power than Nvidia's cards, but Nvidia's video drivers are better than AMD's. Additionally, Nvidia's PhysX software enables more detail in games that support it such as Batman Arkham City. There's a video demo link in the sources I listed.



According to what I saw on Dell site, the system you were looking at is $819, you could go with the standard XPS 8300 and upgrade to a GTX 560 ti for a total of $929, $110 more than you were looking at. If you can afford it, that's what I would do if you really want a dell.



~CheersWill this pc be able to run Arkham City on high settings?
Yes, that computer will do quite nicely.



Even my old Core 2 Duo E8400 and 4870 can handle AC on max.

No comments:

Post a Comment